The Leatt DBX Comp is based on the original Leatt-Brace® GPX Club. The DBX Comp is fully adjustable to suit most individual rider needs.
The Leatt-Brace® neck brace is a revolutionary system designed to help protect a rider against various forces on the neck during impact, namely the over-bending of the head and neck in a forward, backward and sideways direction by employing patented Alternative Load Path Technology™. This technology helps disperse impact forces away from critical areas onto less vulnerable areas of the body and is pivotal to the design of the Leatt-Brace®.
Other key features:
• The DBX Comp features a low-profile shape designed specifically to meet the specific range-of-motion needs of cyclists.
• The brace is constructed from glass-injected Nylon, whereby microscopic glass beads are infused into the plastic to increase its bond-strength. This makes for a controlled, stronger brace, without compromising the wearer’s safety.
• Certain parts of the brace are constructed from carbon-fiber that is reinforced with Kevlar®. This helps prevent the parts from shattering and sharp edges to protrude.
• At the back of the brace, fitting firmly on the muscles surrounding the spine, sits an engineered thoracic member that keeps the brace in position during an impact. This strut is designed to snap off at a certain force (roughly, one third of the force it takes to injure the spine).
• The rear-upper support acts as a crumple-zone, giving way under a severe load.
• A unique cut-out section ensures the brace and helmet helps avoid contact with the collarbone.
• Rounding off the construction of the brace is shock-absorbing Bio-foam. Biomechanically designed to help cushion the chin and contain the brace material in an accident, Bio-foam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable.
• The brace features two red-coloured clips that identifies emergency openings to paramedics.
• Leatt-Brace® is the only neck brace system that is CE certified (according to Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC) and every product has been chemically tested and certified, so it is free of lead and other harmful additives.
• Maximum adjustability on the DBX Comp brace is achieved through six independent adjustment points and the brace is adjustable to suit most individual rider’s needs.
• Weight: approximately 790g ± 50g.
|Option||Manufacturer's Part Number||Store SKU|
|Black/White / Small||7900104||83183156+0201|